Thursday, March 26, 2009

Who are you, whoo, whoo........

Hi all,

As you can probably guess I have been to The Who concert held in Brisbane on Tuesday night!!! It was an awesome experience :-D. My wonderful dh & I went together. We had a brilliantly fantastic time, our tickets where for the floor. We where 26 rows away from the stage. I still couldn't see much though lol. Every one stood up as soon as the band started playing so that meant I got really good views of the backs of peoples' heads (yes I'm vertically challenged). I could also see a little of Pete Townsend & the drummer Zac (who is Ringo Starr's son). I didn't see Roger Daultry at all, but man can he ever sing. I thought there where only four people on stage till I saw the news the next night & discovered there where actually six of them up there. Can you tell I don't know much about the band? It didn't matter though, the music was fantastic even the songs I didn't know. They got on at 9pm & didn't finish till after 11pm. The Who had two supporting acts, Counting Crows & another band that I can't remember the name of. I tell you for a band that has been around since the early 60's they are amazing. They would have to be fitter than most people I know. The only strange thing that happened to me was a guy behind me asked if I had any "Reefer". I had to dissappoint him. My dh thought it was so funny. Well I guess you can never tell who's into that sort of thing these days. I am silly enough without the benifit of illegal substances & that's the way I'm gonna stay. As I always say "I'm not evil just misunderstood" *grin*. Well I'm off to my nice comfy bed now so I can get up & create "beautiful" cards in the morning. Take care & have a wonderful weekend....

1 comment:

Dawn T said...

LOL - Paula... I didn't go to the concert when it was here in Auckland.. but one of my friends did and she said she felt like she was "stoned" from all the "smoke" floating round. She said it was an amazing concert - sounds like you had a great night.