Sunday, October 11, 2009

Digi cards for Eric



Hi all,

I am doing my first card drive thingy :). My lovely friend Kathy asked if I would be interested in sending some cards to Eric & his family. I am hoping to make some more cards for the family, but thought I would post my first two here. If you are interested in doing something wonderful for someone you don't know then may I suggest that you click here & check it all out. I figure I'm paying it forward :D, by doing something I love for someone I don't know.

I have finally done it, I have advanced to the techno stuff of Digital stamps & papers. I spent most of last night surfin' the 'net trying to find stuff suitable for boys. Do you know that there is absolutely nothing out there!!!! Well in the freebies any way ;P. I did manage to find lots of stuff that I liked & even some papers that I could use on boy type cards. Mind you the downloading part was sort of easy it was getting into all the files that I had problems with. I eventually managed though & created the two cards that you see with some of my new found goodies.

Sending you warm wishes : I have used the stamp image & the red paper from my raid of the 'net. I coloured the cat in with my prisma color pencils & then used the Copic blender to "smooth" the colours out. I went over his sunnies with my black Copic Multiliner & a white gel pen. I also added some grey shadows on one side. The blue bazzil dot paper is from my scrap stash. The sentiment is by Hero Arts.

Friends are Angels: For this card I have just used a freebie paper & my friend Helen's stamp (thanks Helen). I am not 100% sure on this card. I am thinking maybe I should add something else. I stamped the butterfly twice & coloured it with my Twinkling H20s. I am pleased with the way the butterly turned out. I glued the body down but left the wings free so they curl up.

Now I know that I promised ATCs the last time I posted, but as they are for the Hero Arts ATC Swap, I can't share till they are in the hot lil' hands of the others. I have been making some just because so I hope to upload them later in the week. Till then, thanks for stopping by & for your wonderful comments. TTFN

6 comments:

Vanessa said...

Paula, these are adorable! I love the butterfly card especially, this sentiment is awesome! Very elegant and beautiful!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Lucy Abrams said...

Gorgeous cards - don't change a thing about the stunning butterfly card. It's PERFECT. Understated elegance.

Dawn T said...

Great work Paula. Love the image you found of the cat. Just awesome. And the butterfly is just beautiful. I actually paid for some digi stuff this week... you're right - not too much is free that I liked....

Kathy said...

Wow Paula...what a wonderful surprise to click on your blog and find these AWESOME cards for Eric and his family! Love your big heart too!!
Hugs,Kathy
http://thedailymarker.blogspot.com/

Diana said...

Paula, thanks for the inspiration!

Anne said...

Hi, Paula! I like the butterfly card a lot! I think there is texture and interest in the background ... and it focuses attention on the pretty quote and your dimensional butterfly. Personally, I wouldn't change a thing! :-)