Thursday, August 19, 2010

Our day at Australia Zoo

Hi all,

I know it's been awhile since I last blogged. Things seem to be getting away from me lately. But as you can see from the following photos we have been to Australia Zoo. If you go to Australia Zoo in August you can get a pass for the rest of the year. All it costs you is your entry. So for Em & myself it cost us $91. But now we can go as often as we want for the rest of the year. Pretty good deal I think. So our Mothers' group has decided that we'd try for at least once a month at the zoo. That way we get lots of value for our money ;).

Em had a wonderful time riding this pony, her friend Emily rode a littler grey pony while Em was on this one.

I just love the tigers, they would be one of my favourite animals. I think they are such a beautiful creature, Em thought they where pretty good as well.

Em just had to go to the Kangaroos!!!! She drove me insane until we got there ;). All the kangaroos are fairly placid, as long as you are calm. So we got to pat some. I made sure that Em understood that you can't pat the wild ones that roam around her Pa Pa's place though.

This poor wombat was being picked on by the other wombats, which is why she's wearing a "Dryasabone" dog coat. So her bald spots heal & she doesn't get too cold.

I tried to convince Em to sit in this croc's mouth but she wouldn't be in it. Instead she was happy to sit on his head. We had to be quick as there where heaps of people wanting to get their photo with this croc.

Thank you all for stopping by & I hope you all have a great weekend ahead :D TTFN xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

6 comments:

Anne Gaal said...

Hi, Paula! We love to go to the zoo! We are lifetime members at the North Carolina Zoo. Sounds like you got a great deal and can go back often. Love that photo of the tiger! Em is cute with the pony and the kangaroos! :-)

Alice said...

looks like a super fun trip to the zoo!! so happy to see Em! thanks for sharing, Paula! hope all is well! take and have a wonderful weekend! =)

Michele Kovack said...

How fun!!! It is so cool that kangaroos are just hopping around by you! We only have deer around here! (I live in Illinois) : )

Barb said...

Hi Paula! So nice to hear from you! I love that you shared these fun photos! Em looks like she had a fabulous time! Poor little wombat! It sure can't do much, all wrapped up like that! Hope you are well! :)

Stamping Cafe said...

How fun!! Thank you for sharing those lovely photos, Paula! Glad to know that you and the kids are doing well, Lily is beautiful... congratulations!!

Unknown said...

I love your zoo! Love the idea of getting to ride a real pony and actually pet a kangaroo! And to see tigers without a fence standing betwixt me and them...! Awesome!!!!