Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Oh what a week!

Hi there,

I know it's been absolutely ages since I last did any blogging! I miss it terribly. A lot has happened since I last posted & some of that has been craft related (Yay!).

This week has been an interesting time in our household. Firstly on Sunday Tom (the three legged, one eyed Tom cat without his boy bits) started to bleed everytime he went to the toilet. Which had me rather upset as you can guess. He hasn't been in the best of health for some time now. (We resorted to putting his "bucket" back on a while ago, as he keeps licking himself raw on his underside .) The worst part was we couldn't get him to the vet until Tuesday. Luckily for Tom the vet thinks he had a cyst burst in his bladder & it should get better now he's on meds. I am so thankful that Doug was okay about going to the vets as I usually have to sneak around behind his back when it comes to vets.


On Monday I had "Day Procedure" surgery. I got my Tubes tied, or as I told the nurse I was in to be neuted, when she asked why was I there. After a fit of giggles the nurse suggested that I shouldn't say that when they asked me that same question again down in the theatre, but guess what I did it anyway. It was good for a laugh! I'm sure that they didn't mind & I got a giggle out of it. Mind you I've been sore & sorry ever since though! Oh well that's the joys of these things I guess.

Then on Tuesday after taking Tom to the vets, I thought I'd do a spot of blogging only to discover the computer packed it in! Apparently cat hair isn't good for a computer. When we got it back today the lady that fixed it said we should get our computer serviced twice a year like a car. The vents, fans & some part I can't even remember where clogged up with cat hair. It's the first time I think it's ever been in to a computer store & we've had it longer than Em has been around so that's at least 5 years.

This card I did as part of a swap group I am in. I like the way it turned out as this is another one of my "Scrappy" cards. I also used my Copics to colour the ribbon to match. I made this card for Belinda to thank her for sending me a catalogue. So I will share the five cards I made for the swap once they are at their final destination ;D.

These next four cards I did just because..............I'm addicted to my Copics & The Greeting Farm stamps. I originally was going to use one of these images for Deborah's latest CCC. But because I got carried away again! I decided to send these four cards to Linda aka Oz along with the last card.

As you can see I kept the sketch the same but mixed up the colours on the images & used up what ever scraps fit the best. I altered the ribbon with Copics, just to see what it would look like.

I also altered the gems as well. I don't normally do Halloween cards, as we don't celebrate Halloween that much here in Australia. So I am not 100% sure these cards would be classed as Halloween cards. I think it's more the colours of Purple, Orange & green that make them Halloween"ish" to me.

I also decided to give this last card to Linda as well. Now I'm just hoping that they get to her in time.


Thanks for putting up with such a long blog post. I hope you all are having a great week & finding time for crafting.
Hugs to you all & TTFN xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

4 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Hi Paula, I was only thinking about you earlier so what a nice surprise to see a post from you!
Sorry to hear that you're feeling sore after YOUR trip to the vets! did they offer to put a bucket collar on you too hun? Hope that little cat lad is feeling better soon too.
I took Custard for his annual booster jabs last week. usually the vet puts him on the table and checks him over before heading to the scales for the dreaded weigh-in. This time she hauled him from his pet carrier and plonked him straight on the scales! The verdict was: 'fat cat'!
Hope the girls are keeping well. That's a sweet pic of Lilly - can't believe she is 4 months old already, where does the time go!
Take care hun, great to see you posting your lovely cards again, big hugs, Jo x

Dawn T said...

What amazing cards Paula. Your colouring is superb. I've just read your next post too... so will comment there about Tom.... but meanwhile I am pleased to see you have had some time to get to the Copics and inks...

donna mikasa said...

Aloha, Paula!! So good to see you blogging again! I know you must have your hands full with Lilly and Em, but it's so good to see your cards again!

Beautiful cards! Your coloring is fantastic and I'm sure Linda will appreciate them!

So no more babies at the Laird household? Well, now you can spoil your two little princesses and have them crafting along side you!

Take care, sweetie!

Alice said...

very happy to see you posting again, Paula. =) your coloring on the TGF cards are amazing, girl. love them all! sending you big hugs, my friend.