Saturday, January 8, 2011

Jingle Belles - Inchie Challenge


Hi everyone,
Yes I'm back again, with my second post for today. I don't know what happened to the old blogger that I could use :(.
This card I made tonight for Jingle Belles Inchie challenge. I am hoping that it still counts even though I have put the inchies onto black strips, which makes them look like they aren't one inch square. I used Copics to colour the ornaments & Tumbled Glass Distress ink around the edges of the squares just so they didn't look so stark. Then mounted the inchies onto the black c/s, which I then mounted onto some of my "precious" Fa la la paper. Which I then mounted on some green shimmer bazzil.
Since I am computer stupid, you will have to put up with my one card posts for awhile (until I figure things out). This is about my third or fourth attempt at these two posts.
TTFN & happy crafting everyone :D

16 comments:

SmilynStef said...

I love how the inches frame those gorgeously colored ornaments ... absolutely fabulous holiday design ... thanks so very much for joining our fun at Jingle Belles.

Tracy said...

ooh i like it! love the choice of the polka border bg too - ties it all together so nicely

lauren bergold said...

oh ♥WOW♥! this is not only a completely GORGEOUS card by any conceivable standard...it's also a BRILLIANT use of the inchie format! i love EVERYTHING about it...especially the black mats...i love that they are STRIPS...and that there's a bit of the red polka background showing between them... really, REALLY ♥fab♥u♥lous♥!!!

Lin said...

This is darling, Paula - love it!

Dawn said...

GORGEOUS!! I love the black strips, and how you placed the ornaments! Well done!

Marianne said...

lovely. I like the red polka dot too. really holds it all together.

Emma said...

I think it's a beautiful card! I'm hoping to get mine up today...we shall see!

leslie (crookedstamper) said...

Such a pretty card! Love the blue edging. Really sets it off.

Sue said...

Brilliant use of inchies! It totally counts to use them with mats, strips, or any other which way! I'm having fun seeing what others are doing for the Jingle Belles prompts! I really love the colors you've used, to - so vibrant and festive!

Dawn T said...

gorgeous - great to get such a start for 2011 Christmas.

Lisa - papergrace said...

I am inchie illiterate and this is STUNNING! Love the polka dot background and how you grounded your images on the black strips. Really draws your eyes to each one. Beautifully done! *bravo*

Susan S said...

this is a great card

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Oh wow, love those inchies window!

Alice said...

wow! very pretty card, Paula! love how you used the inches! you can still upload more than one card at a time in blogger. just click on the choose files button in the add images window. it's ok to upload more than one at a time. hope this helps. =)

Lorraine said...

Your black strips really make those inchies pop - great idea! I love the bright colors. This is a treat for the eyes.

Just Me said...

Oh wow this is fabulous! I love your ornaments and how you framed them TFS!