Monday, May 23, 2011

Em & two cards

Hi everyone,

I have have been a busy mum lately.  Emsy had two "firsts" this past weekend.  Emsy had a friend over from school for a play "date" on Saturday.  I hadn't met the parents before, plus it was a first for them as well.  So hopefully it wont be the last for either of us.  The other "first" for Emsy was a birthday party for a school mate.  It was a dress up as a pink/purple princess party.  I didn't know anyone, not even the birthday girl, but that didn't worry Em ;) - wish I could be more like her.  I worry about everything, from what I had dressed Em in, what to do, how to talk to others (without sounding like an idiot) that I've never met.  Doug was feeling under the weather so stayed at home with Lillybug.  I know Em had a great time, which was the main thing.

I managed to make two cards this week, both using Bugaboo Digi stamps.  Well actually I did make another card & a gift bag (for the birthday girl) but was in a rush so couldn't upload it.
 This baby girl card, I love!  I coloured the image first (I so do things the hard way ;D) then later I found this "leftover" pp.  Which I think suits the image so well.  I then stamped the sentiment, added the ribbon, flowers, pearls & gems.
  This card I coloured the image first (which was so not a good idea!) then tried to match pp & bazzil to it.  Which resulted in this.  I also used a sketch from one of my favourite challenge blogs.  I nearly didn't post this card, as I'm not that happy with it. 

Well I'm off to have a bite to eat & a play with LillyBug.  Happy crafting everyone xoxoxoxoxoxo

Supplies:
Scraps of pp - Basic Grey & unknown
Bazzil - assorted colours
Bugaboo digi images
Copics,
Kaisercraft flowers, pearls, gems
Nestibilities - Scallop cirlces, Scallop ovals,
Cuttlebug
Ribbon - unknown ric-rac
Distress inks - Spun Sugar & Worn Lipstick
Rub-ons - Tinseltown Glitter Brownie

2 comments:

Dawn T said...

Love both cards Paula... abut the first one is super sweet. My Cr card got a bit of a beating with Bugaboo stamps after seeing yours.

Alice said...

beautiful cards, Paula! love the cluster of embellishments and sweet colors on the first card! love them both! so glad to hear that Em had fun at the party! =)