Saturday, June 18, 2011

One matching envelope

Hi there,

Well I am back & am on a bit of a creative roll.  Gotta love that.  Today I am going to share an envelope that I've just finished about 5 minutes ago.  It is for my uncle's card (last blog entry).  I found this tutorial on how to make envelopes for your cards, love that it's so easy :D.  Here is my envelope:
It's hard to see on this picture but I basically used this technique by Shari Carrol.  I really loved doing this sort of thing.  I think the reason why is because you just never know how it will turn out in the end.  I have also used versamark ink & canvas stripe on the red Bazzil just to give it some interest.  Unfortunately the cling fell off the block as I was positioning it so the bottom half is a little skew-if.  I also intentionally made the words crooked.  I broke out of my comfort zone to do this.  I just went for it & tried not to think that part through.  Yeah, yeah me think I know ;P. 

Also I've discovered why my Lillybug is so cranky & upset :(, poor baby has a virus & her little bottom is redder than that piece of bazzil.  As well as being blistered.  I took her to the dr's today because of it.  We just thought the poor little mite was teething & that's why her tummy was so upset.  Some days it's hard to know what's what in the world of babies :{. 

Well I hope that you all are having a wonderful weekend in your part of the world & happy crafting xoxoxoxoxo 

3 comments:

Barb said...

Aww, poor little Lilly! Hope she feels better soon! Love your fab envelope!

Dawn T said...

Great envelope ~ finishes the card perfectly. poor little Lily... hope they can help the virus... not much fun when they get sick

Alice said...

beautiful stamping on the envelop, Paula. such pretty colors and design. awwww.... poor Lilly. hope she feels better soon. big big hugs!