Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Canvas Art

Hi Lovelies,

Today I want to share this canvas that I made.  I've been playing in Gimp again.  I made the flower/writing picture & butterfly in Gimp.  I was trying to make a card from scratch on Gimp.  I got the size a little wrong (too big) but was happy with the Butterfly (from Hero Arts digi kit Flutterbies).

I learnt how to layer brushes & to stop them from showing through each other.  I then coloured the flower image in with Distress Inks. The butterfly is coloured with Copics.  The quote is done with Rub-Ons & I've used "Holly Jolly Christmas" by Echo Park (under the quote) & a piece of brown bazzil.  I've also coloured the canvas with a mini mister filled with water, Pearl Ex & Vivid Ink Aqua. I had an "Aha" moment with colouring the canvas.  I didn't want to paint the canvas (takes way to long for me) so thought I'd try the mini mister & ink.  I discovered that if you spray a little too much get a tissue & dab at the canvas & that works a treat.  I got just the right shade by doing this.
 This is a side view of the canvas so you can see the colour difference :o).  In the bottom right corner is the mini mister & Ink that I used.  I'm still trying to get my photography better.  I am trying a new location to photograph my items & at a different time of day.    

Also I want to thank everyone for their well wishes for my girls.  They are both doing really well now.  The antibiotics seem to have kicked in & their eyes are so much better.  Even their colds are getting better.  Hopefully tomorrow Emsy can go back to school, I'm just a bit unsure if Emsy's allowed to take her medication to school & if anyone is allowed to give it to her.
  
Thanks for stopping by tonight & happy crafting everyone.

Supplies:
Distress Inks: Walnut Stain, Faded Jeans, Broken China, Peacock Feathers, Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint
Copics: E08, E25, BV00, BV02, BV04
Li'l Davis Designs Tinseltown Glitter, Rub-Ons, Brownie 2104, 
Canvas,
Modge Pod,
Holly Jolly Christmas by Echo Park
Bazzil
Mini Mister
Pearl Ex
Aqua ink by Vivid

4 comments:

Dawn T said...

What a great canvas Paula. Very creative. You have done a great job with GIMP. I've got this programme but haven't managed to master it yet. Looking forward to catching up in a couple of weeks.

sheila said...

what a beautiful canvas Paula. I have never heard of GIMP before so can't help you there but I am glad to hear that your girls are doing better....aren't antibiotics "mother's friend"? haha. Find the right wall for your canvas 'cuz it's a beaut!

jules said...

Love it, great work Paula. Very creative! :)

Judy1223 said...

Paula, what a beautiful canvas! Well done! So glad the girls are feeling better...thank heavens for antibiotics!