Saturday, January 12, 2013

Just a CAS(e) of........

Hi Lovelies,

I'm back again, with 3 cards to share today.  




As you can see I've followed this sketch from CAS(e) this sketch, exactly except for the last card.  I must admit that this is not normally something I would make.  So it was a stretch for me, having all that white space.  Hence the two birthday cards are very similar.  I decided to make one with a doodle border just to see what it looked like.  I think I prefer the one with out.  I also thought this would be a good opportunity to use some Washi Tape & that is what the butterfly is resting on.  I love the subtle pattern & colour of it.  

I'm sorry for the crappy photos today :(.  I need to break out the instruction booklet to see why the camera wouldn't focus on the cards up close.  So frustrating, in fact I had to swap out my background for something with a pattern on it so the camera would focus at a distance.  Even then the cards are blurry so a lot of photo editing had to be done.  

Supplies
Card Bases
Prismacolour Pencils - PC945 Sienna Brown, PC912 Apple Green, PC1008 Parma Violet, PC1003 Spanish Orange
Washi Tape, 
K & Company - Die cut Butterfly by Brenda Walton
Le Pen - Black
Hero Arts stamps - CL177 Hello Birdie, CL189 Home II, CL272 All occasion messages
Kaisercraft stamps - CS916 Occasions


7 comments:

Judy1223 said...

Wow, Paula, not one but THREE great cards! I love your CAS style and the doodle frame on the third card...cute!

Dawn T said...

Fabulous cards Paula. You did a great job to get Three cards done... I too like the one without the doodling better.

Ardyth said...

These are all amazing - I love seeing the difference that is made by simply doodling a frame around the card - the perfect finishing touch! Thanks so much for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week, Paula!

donna mikasa said...

Hi Paula! I LOVE your cards, especially the doodled frame, which seems to be a favorite with all of us!

Jen W. said...

What a gorgeous trio of cards! I LOVE the doodle frame! Such a fun and whimsical addition to the card! Thanks for playing along with CAS(E)This Sketch this week!

Brenda said...

Hi Paula! You made 3 wonderful cards! I especially love the washi tape and butterfly card!

Unknown said...

All three cards look fabulous! I love the addition of the doodled frame on the third card. Thanks for playing with us at CAS(E) this Sketch this week!