Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Daisy Chain DT work.

Hi Lovelies,

Today I want to share with you some DT work I'm doing for Daisy Chains Scrapbooks.  These cards & two LO's will be displayed in the shop & at the upcoming Craft Show in Brisbane if Barbi likes them enough. 

I have been working with Kaisercraft's Remember Me range.  I must admit it's not something I normally would work with.  Sometimes it is wonderful to work outside your comfort zone don't you think?  I must admit my first two cards I wasn't that happy with but I'm loving these last ones I've done.


This is a 6.5" Scrapbook page.  I trimmed my photo down to just under 4" square.  As I wanted to showcase this gorgeous pp.  I stamped the Poppy at the bottom on some pale yellow pp from the range & added foam adhesive behind it to raise it up.  The title is from the pad.  All I had to do was ink around the edges to give them definition.  I love this photo of "Gra-Gra" (my mum) & Emsy when she was about two.  I'm going to send this over to my Mum when I get it back as I know she will enjoy it.  


This card is fairly simple with the hardest bit is paper piecing the flowers.  Once again I used Walnut Stain Distress Ink on the edges of everything.  When I saw the poppies I knew that I wanted to make a card that payed tribute to those that passed in wars (we celebrated ANZAC Day just recently).  I also think this would be a good sympathy card as well.  


I also challenged myself to make some Masculine cards with this paper range.  I wanted people to see they weren't limited with these gorgeous papers.  This is a fairly simple card, the chair panel is actually a Die Cut that came with the pad.  I used grey Bazzil for the base.  I added another Kaisercraft stamp set for the sentiment this time.  


This card I really love.  I'm thinking it would make a great Valentines, Wedding, Anniversary card. I made this into an easel card & added another Die Cut (with foam adhesive on the back) to keep it standing up.  The die cut says "Todays little moments become tomorrow's precious memories".  I added some Stickles to the centres of the poppies just because I wanted to "Bling it up" a little.


This is the second card I made with the "Blokes" in mind.  Although it would really suit anyone I guess.  The clock face is another Die Cut from the pad, as is the scallop border.  The sentiment is from  another Kaisercraft stamp set.


This is the 12 x 12 LO I did.  It's mainly Bazzil in Pinks, Red & Manilla.  I stamped the Butterfly twice & paper pieced it.  The poppies where stamped & then coloured with Distress inks & water.  I covered some chipboard letters in pp from the Pad.  On the red bazzill I randomly stamped the large poppy all over it.

Well that is it from for today.  Hopefully I will have some more a little later for you all.
     

2 comments:

Dawn T said...

what awesome work Paula. You have been busy. All are lovely. I too love your last card.

Arlene said...

Great papers - wonderful cards!