Monday, September 23, 2013

Owl Canvas


Hi Lovelies,



I 'm back to share with you all something that I've been working on for a little while.  It's a canvas that I created using Dreamweaver stencils, Twinkling H2O's, Die-namics & Joy Craft (Noor Design) Die.




I started by misting ink & water all over the canvas.  Then stencilled the Black eye Susans onto the corner adding extra vines & flowers.  I wrote the verse of Viva live on Mars (Robbie Williams) on the board & then misting over it & wiping it off.  Just so it was faded. 



I then added the Gecko (near the owl's feet), zentangling it again.  I then drew the owl & used the Cogs stencil on the owl's body.  I coloured the owl in with Twinkling H2O's.  I then added to the background with Twinkling H20's in greens.  Using the darkest green along the edge of the owl & then watering it down further out I went.  I added three small hearts.


Lastly I added some die cut elements. I used vintage book pages for the flowers & clouds..  I  & added pearl centres to my flowers. 


Here is a close up of the stenciling I did.  I hope that you are inspired to play along with us & don't forget that there still a week to go .

1 comment:

Dawn T said...

Awesome mixed media piece of art Paula. A beautiful project.