Friday, March 13, 2015

Let's talk life and the "B" word........

Hey bloggers,


I know I've slipped up in my blogging of late.  I must admit my last 3-4 posts have been scheduled.  Or they wouldn't have made it out there to 'net word'.  I know I may have said in a previous post that I wasn't going to worry so much about my blogging habits this year..............and I haven't for the most part.  Well ok that's a little lie.  I've been thinking I need to do something & not "Stressing" about it.  See I'm getting a better ;p.

So I have been busy, busy, busy with life of late & loving it.

I'm in a really good place mentally at the moment.  So am planning on taking advantage of it while this lasts.  I'm calm, happy & most importantly my mind is quiet & restful.  Which is a refreshing change that doesn't seem to happen often enough.

Yes I'm one of those "Psycho Cows" who has mood swings ranging from I will tolerate you to don't even think about looking at me or you are dead!  Add in migraines, depression & you can guess the rest...............I'm surprised my gorgeous family hasn't "killed me off" or at least kicked me out.  


March has been a busy month so far.  I've started Budgeting (hence the post title).  I woke up one morning & thought we (me) need to know where our money is going each week.  So one text later (to Doug).
Me: Honey how much do you get paid each week?
Doug: No you can't buy what ever it is.  Why do you need to know?
Me: Silly man, I'm starting a budget & need to know.
Doug: Great! Its $............ (not sharing that bit tee hee)




So armed with the amount of money that we can use each week I went to one of my three favorite places - You Tube & looked for budgeting ideas.  Where I happened on some really good vid's.  I now have an envelope system in place & so far it is working well for us.  I actually made a little folder with some envelopes & decorated them up & put my money in them each week (so far it's been about two weeks).  Whilst the actual system is working, my little folder isn't :(.




Let me explain, I love it, but it is way to bulky & awkward to use (for me).  Plus the envelopes can't be separated so I had the money on me all the time.  Which makes it hard if Doug needs to access it. On the plus side, I used up some of my 6.5" pads from Kaisercraft.  A win on that front.  If you look closely the second last photo you may notice a strip of blue washi tape running down the inside flap of the envelope.  It's because the flap started to split apart from the envelope. Also of note, is the three "lumps" under the green strip on the right side.  They are magnets, that would normally work except my folder is so stuffed full of (not money - well not much money) stuff that it wouldn't stay closed properly.  That led to me adding a ribbon to keep it closed, yet another reason why it didn't work to well for me.

So I have changed to a new "envelope" system.



This is what I'm using now.  These clear wallets are the perfect size to fit into this small expanding file.  The three best things about my new system are

  • I can take out the "envelopes" I need & leave the rest at home
  • It's not bulky 
  • I can see at a glance what's inside & more importantly I can keep the coin in the right envelopes.
Which is extremely important for me as I have A.C.D. - Anal Compulsive Disorder (yes I diagnosed myself thank you very much).

Well lovelies,  I'm going to bid you all good day & go harass play with the kids.  Have a great weekend.


1 comment:

Dawn T said...

Your post had me smiling Paula. I too used to have an system for budgeting. I used jars to sort the money. - One for groceries, one for rent, one for ME (that was the last one to get filled!)
Good luck with your budgeting.
Can you use your folder for something else... It looks very cute.
Glad to hear all is well for you healthwise... I've had the week from hell with a heavy head cold... off work all week but not energy to do more than a few cards.